Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chicken in Bodh Gaya

(Lauren)Update:

We are still in Rishikesh and are both madly in love with the place, the ganga, the quirky people watching, ganga aarti, food, and scenery the mountains here are beautiful and it is the first stop where the air is fresh and clean. I could stay here much longer than I am able this trip, so much return for a yoga intensive at some point.

Steve has been quite sick. But don't worry, he is getting better. We are convinced it is the chicken that he ate in Bodh Gaya. I feel responsible for that b/c I know better than to let someone eat meat in Bodh Gaya. There are power outages almost daily and hence the meat warms up and forms bacteria. But there was this new fancy Thai restaurant there and it was deceivingly nice so we went all out, Steve got a chicken curry & me a papaya salad (w/ uncooked veggies) two big no-nos and we have been dealing with the it ever since.

Yesterday we took an intense yoga class and I think that brough steve's tummy trouble to the surface with awful cramping and a fever last night. I picked him up cipro today, electrolytes, bananas; this combined w/ sleep seems to be knocking it out and he is feeling much better, but very weak and is in bed. poor babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment